Share the Plate
Share the Plate is a program that helps us put our money behind our values by supporting organizations whose work is transforming the world. On Share the Plate Sundays, the offering plate is split 50/50 with organizations doing the work we wish to see in the world. In addition to sharing our funds, we invite organizations to speak from our pulpit, provide opportunities for our members to connect with their work, and elevate the organizations on our social platforms. Below is a list of organizations voted into the program for the 2020-21 church year. Please use the menu at left for more information about the good work they do.
- Highlander Research & Education Center
- Lonsdale Environmental Camp
- Remote Area Medical (RAM)
- Ijams Nature Center
- Bridge Refugee Services
- SEEED (Socially Equal Energy Efficient Development)
- Beck Cultural Center
- Beardsley Farm
- Planned Parenthood of Tennessee and North Mississippi
- Interfaith Health Clinic
- Tennessee Health Care Campaign
- Appalachian Community Fund
Share the Plate information for Members:
6 Organizations are considered part of the TVUUC “Social Funding Network”
- Family Promise
- Lonsdale Mentoring Program
- TVUUC Community Gardens
- VMC (Volunteer Ministry Center) Meals
- TVUUC Advancing Equality Fund
The Senior Minister has 6 Sundays for Designated Offerings (including Helping Fund Christmas Eve Service)
TVUUC members have nominated organizations and will select (via a vote) 12 organizations for the 2018-19 fiscal year. Each organization will have 2 Share the Plate Sundays (Total of 24 Sundays)
One Sunday per month will be a “Stewardship/Generosity” Sunday with all offerings going to the TVUUC General Fund
The schedule will look something like this:
Two Sundays of the month – A Share the Plate Organization (the same organization)
– All cash and checks in the offering, mailed in or contributed online, not designated as Pledges, will be split 50/50 with the organization.
One Sunday of the month – will be either one of the 6 TVUUC “Social Funding Network” or one of the Sr. Minister Designated Organizations. – All cash and checks in the offering, mailed in or contributed online, not designated as Pledges, will go to the organization or program.
One Sunday of the month –. “Stewardship/Generosity” Sunday. All cash and checks in the offering, mailed in or contributed online, not designated as Pledges, will go to the TVUUC Operating Budget.
**5th Sunday’s will be floating and decided on as they occur.