Facility Rental Agreement and Request Form
Facility Rental Agreement
1) TVUUC has the right to refuse rental space to any person or group if their purpose, values or activities are perceived to conflict with the TVUUC Principles.
2) Smoking is not permitted inside the church and only allowed in the designated area across the parking lot from the main entrance.
3) No weapons of any type are allowed inside the church.
4) Alcohol (beer and wine only) may be consumed on church property if approved in advance by the Administrator. Usage of alcohol must be in compliance with church policy and procedure, included here by reference, and proof of liability coverage must be provided.
5) The individual or organization securing the facilities (the “renter”) is responsible for the behavior of all attendees.
6) TVUUC does not provide childcare for non-church groups. If childcare is provided by the Renter, TVUUC’s policies on childcare must be followed.
7) If a Sexton is on duty, Renter must obey any instructions that may be given.
8) The Tennessee Valley Unitarian Church (TVUUC) and its employees and officers are not responsible or liable for any loss of damages by reason of theft, fire or other causes.
9) Renter may only use the space and extras as identified in the Agreement. Any last minute additions or changes will be accommodated if possible with additional costs as applicable.
10) Rooms may be re-assigned by the church if needed to accommodate church business but every effort will be made to ensure the Renter’s needs are fully met. If a larger space is assigned, no additional charges will be levied.
11) While the church will make every effort to notify renters of inclement weather closings, renters also have a responsibility for checking the possible closings when the weather is inclement. Rent paid in advance for an event that was unable to meet because of a closing will either be reimbursed or credited towards a future event.
12) Unless arrangements have been made for take-down and/or clean-up, the Renter is responsible for returning the space to its pre-use condition.
13) TVUUC is a “Green Sanctuary” and, as such, strives to be a “Zero Waste” facility. An environmental fee not to exceed $25 will be levied for any event that cannot make a commitment to “Reuse, Recycle, or Compost”.
14) Repair of any damage to the property (facility or equipment) attributed to Renter will be charged to the Renter. This includes wall damage resulting from tape, tacks, nails or other such items.
15) Additional terms and conditions apply to the use of the Sanctuary and the Kitchen. These are supplied separately and are included here by reference.
16) The sound system must be run by a trained church operator and a fee may be required. Any exception must be approved by the Church Administrator well in advance of the event.
17) For single events, a deposit of 50% is due upon booking and the remainder is due on the day of the event.
18) The Renter may not sub-let any of the rooms they have rented to any other person or entity.
19) Failure to comply with any terms or conditions may result in cancelling of scheduled events and forfeiture of any fees paid and/or refusal to approve any future rental requests.
Tennessee Valley Unitarian Universalist Church
2931 Kingston Pike, Knoxville, TN 37919
Phone (865) 523-4174 – Fax: (865) 523-4177