Dinners Delivered Instructions for Donors
A Dinner Delivered is a full meal (dinner, lunch, or similar meal) which will be delivered to the buyer(s) on a given day. The dinner should be delivered to buyers within 15 miles of the church, or to the church parking lot. (Note detailed delivery instructions below.)
Donor will decide how many servings are provided in the dinner.
Entering a Donation
1. Go to the Donation Page as described in the General Donor Instructions. Under category, choose Dinners Delivered.
Start your entry with the Day, Date & Time of the dinner to be delivered. (You can also choose to leave this blank and state in the description that the date will be arranged with the buyer.)
2. Enter the Title and Description of your event. [IMPORTANT] Enter 1 for Qty regardless of the number of servings you will provide. (See discussion below)
Please provide as complete a description of your dinner offering as you can, to entice bidding (you may not know what type of salad or sides you are providing, but you should at least be able to entice with a good description of the main entree)! Please note what, if any, type of alcohol will be included. A photo is not required.
*soup (specified), salad, and bread, or perhaps
*appetizer, stew (specified), side and dessert, or perhaps
*appetizer, main course with 2 sides and dessert.
Alcohol or a specified beverage may also be included with the dinner menu at donor’s discretion.
IMPORTANT: Also, in your description, specify how many servings will be provided to the winning bidder.
3. Enter prices for Est Value (estimated value) and Min Bid (minimum bid). The estimated value of the dinner should be equal to or more than the minimum bid. Remember: You also have the option of checking Fixed Price. In this case, the first person to bid will get the item and the price will not increase. No further bids are accepted. IMPORTANT: Also remember that the value and minimum bid are for the entire dinner as you will deliver it. They are not per person.
4. Enter the Day, Date & Time of the dinner to be delivered. (You can also choose to leave this blank and state in the description that the date will be arranged with the buyer.)
5. Check to make sure the information is correct, and then click on Save.
At the time of delivery, please include all instructions regarding additional preparation that the buyer may need to complete the meal. Ideally, whatever needs to be heated/reheated/heat boosted should ideally be delivered in a container that is oven-proof and reusable and/or recyclable. Some folks do not have microwave ovens. Pasta and rice may be delivered dry and cooked by the buyer with supplied directions. Refrigerated items should ideally remain cold throughout the delivery process.
Above all, THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH FOR DOING THIS FOR THE CHURCH! We will miss eating together, but the hand-off can be fun, too. Of course, following appropriate guidelines of the moment!
If you need help with entering your donation, contact the Auction Committee at auction(at)tvuuc.org.
After the Auction:
Donors: Please contact the buyer before the date of your dinner to arrange for delivery of the meal. Donors should plan to deliver the meal to the buyer (if within 15 miles of the church) or to meet the buyer in the church parking lot to deliver the dinner (unless other arrangements are made.)
To find out who purchased your item:
- Log into the Auction website at http://togetherauction.com/tvuuc .
- Go to the My Statement Screen
- Scroll down to Items Donated. The buyer’s name will be listed with a phone number. Click on Buyer’s name to send an e-mail.
- If you need help finding the names of the donors, contact the Auction Committee at Auction(at)tvuuc.org.