As we practice good community care in this time, by staying physically distant AND staying spiritually and socially connected, we are launching a variety of options for TVUUC friends of all ages to engage in religious exploration and spiritual development. Here is a schedule of what we’ll be trying out as we go forward (keeping in mind that we will almost certainly find that we want to make some adjustments as we learn what works for our community). More details and Zoom invite links will be shared as we go!
- 11am-noon – Sunday Service – All ages invited to our live-streaming TVUUC Sunday service, via Facebook live (which can be accessed whether or not you have a Facebook account) at https://www.facebook.com/tvuuc.
- 2:30-3:15pm – RE Family Check-in – Families are invited to join us via Zoom for conversation, connection, fun and frivolity. We’ll include an interactive activity to introduce our Learning Lab Challenge for the week, and will have lots of fun together as we explore our UU values and share our creations with one another!
- 10:30-11:00am – Children’s Diversity & Justice Library Storytime – Shared via Facebook streaming on the CDJ Library Facebook page & posted later to our RE blog on the TVUUC website, we’ll share some of our very favorite books from our collection, offering a different theme each week.
- 2:30-3:00pm – RE Reflection Room – All are invited to join us for a time of reflection and connection, as we introduce spiritual practices, share our joys and sorrows, and hold the circle of community together.
- Fridays & Saturdays
- Rest Days – Enjoy your time at home, and if you’re missing your TVUUC community, catch up on posted activities, storytimes, resources, etc. that you missed earlier in the week!
- 2-3pm – Youth Focus – Offering an adapted model of our Youth Focus exploration of world faiths for 6th-12th graders online while we’re not able to gather in person. For the month of April, we’re exploring Quakerism!
- 7:00-8:00pm – Middle School & High School Youth Groups – All youth in 6th-12th grades are invited to join TVUUC’s Youth Group meetings via Zoom on Wednesday evenings from 7 – 8:00/8:15pm. Prior participation is not necessary. Everyone is welcome! Both groups join via a single Zoom meeting, and then will separate into breakout rooms for their check-in and activities. (Computers with webcams are best, but tablets and smart phones also work). Activities include a time to check in and talk about how we’re doing and feeling, fun activities and games like quarantine bingo, four lies in a box, or virtual field trips, and opportunities for reflection and deepening understanding of our growing Unitarian Universalist understandings.
- 7:30-8:30pm – Coming of Age – In partnership with Oak Ridge UU Church, our youth who are midway through a Coming of Age program are taking it online! Youth and mentors will be meeting on Monday evenings, leading up to a joint Coming of Age service featuring credos shared by ORUUC & TVUUC youth on Sunday, April 26th.
- 8-9:30pm – (Adults) Parents as Sexuality Educators Group – Meeting via Zoom, we are offering this program for all TVUUC parents and caregivers who seek support and skills to be effective sexuality educators of their children. This may be especially valuable for parents of youth in our 7th-8th grade Our Whole Lives class, but is designed to meet the needs of adults raising children from elementary through high school. Each week we will focus on a different topic, including parenting around issues of sexual health, consent, social media, decision-making, relationships, gender identity, sexual orientation, and pornography.
- 9:00-10:00 – (Adults) UU Parenting Circle – Meeting via Zoom, we’re trying this out later in the evening, in the hopes that it’s comfortably past bedtime for most families. Join us for connection and support form fellow parents, as we navigate this new reality with our families. We’ll reflect on recent parenting joys and struggles, and know that we are not alone.