As we practice good community care in this time, by staying physically distant AND staying spiritually and socially connected, we are launching a variety of options for TVUUC friends of all ages to engage in religious exploration and spiritual development. Here is a schedule of what we’ll be trying out as we go forward (keeping in mind that we will almost certainly find that we want to make some adjustments as we learn what works for our community). More details and Zoom invite links will be shared as we go!
- 11am-noon – Sunday Service – All ages invited to our live-streaming TVUUC Sunday service, via Facebook live (which can be accessed whether or not you have a Facebook account) at https://www.facebook.com/tvuuc.
- Morning – RE Learning Lab Creative Challenge – A hands-on creative challenge for the week will be posted here on the RE blog and in the TVUUC Members & Friends Facebook group – children, youth and adults of all ages & stages are invited to take part in the suggested activity & share photos throughout the week
- 2-2:45pm – RE Family Check-in – Families are invited to join us via Zoom for conversation, connection, fun and frivolity. We’ll check in with one another, have some activities we can do from our homes, and enjoy seeing one another face to face, if through screens.
- 10:30-11:00am – Children’s Diversity & Justice Library Storytime – Shared via Facebook streaming on the CDJ Library Facebook page & posted later to our RE blog on the TVUUC website, we’ll share some of our very favorite books from our collection, offering a different theme each week.
- Morning – RE Helping Hands – A helping activity for the week will be posted here on the RE blog and in the TVUUC Members & Friends Facebook group – children, youth and adults of all ages & stages are invited to take part in the suggested activity & share photos throughout the week Thursday
- 1:00-1:30pm – RE Reflection Room – All are invited to join us for a time of reflection and connection, as we introduce spiritual practices, share our joys and sorrows, and hold the circle of community together.
- Fridays & Saturdays
- Rest Days – Enjoy your time at home, and if you’re missing your TVUUC community, catch up on posted activities, storytimes, resources, etc. that you missed earlier in the week!
- 2-3pm – Youth Focus – Offering an adapted model of our Youth Focus exploration of world faiths for 6th-12th graders online while we’re not able to gather in person. For the month of April, we’re exploring Quakerism!
- 7:00-8:00pm – Middle School & High School Youth Groups – We’ll meet via Zoom, gathering together for the first couple of minutes, and then each group will meet separately in a breakout space for connection & fun.
- 7:30-8:30pm – Coming of Age – In partnership with Oak Ridge UU Church, our youth who are midway through a Coming of Age program are taking it online! Youth and mentors will be meeting on Monday evenings, leading up to a joint Coming of Age service featuring credos shared by ORUUC & TVUUC youth on Sunday, April 26th.
- 9:30-10:45am – (Adults) Heart to Heart Drop-In Circle – meeting via Zoom, we’ll gather for a time for deep reflection and sharing, facilitated by Mark Mohundro. All are welcome.
- 8-9:30pm – (Adults) Parents as Sexuality Educators Group – Meeting via Zoom, we are offering this program for all TVUUC parents and caregivers who seek support and skills to be effective sexuality educators of their children. This may be especially valuable for parents of youth in our 7th-8th grade Our Whole Lives class, but is designed to meet the needs of adults raising children from elementary through high school.
- 9:00-10:00 – (Adults) UU Parenting Circle – Meeting via Zoom, we’re trying this out later in the evening, in the hopes that it’s comfortably past bedtime for most families. Join us for connection and support form fellow parents, as we navigate this new reality with our families. We’ll reflect on recent parenting joys and struggles, and know that we are not alone.
- 7:00-8:30pm – (Adults) Heart to Heart Drop-In Circle – meeting via Zoom, we’ll gather for a time for deep reflection and sharing, facilitated by Mark Mohundro. All are welcome.