Growing Abundance: 2018-19 Stewardship Drive
Yes, We Are Enough
Sunday, February 4th Tennessee Valley Unitarian Universalist Church will kick off the 2018-19 Stewardship Campaign with the theme of Growing Abundance and who better to help but our own former Internship Minister, Rev. Duncan Teague, minister of the Abundant LUUv Congregation of Southwest Atlanta. Rev. Teague was chosen for his knowledge and great relationship with TVUUC. His topic is Yes, We Are Enough. He believes that our “faith” is strengthened by a ownership of the concept of abundance, especially as a community.
The service will be followed by a dessert and finger food potluck in the Greg McKendry Fellowship Hall. All are invited to bring something to share as we celebrate the rich abundance of our community. Help is also welcome to set up and clean up for the reception. Those who wish to contribute may contact the TVUUC office (865) 523-4176.
About Rev. Duncan Teague
Since returning to Atlanta after Teague’s internship in Knoxville in 2012, he was ordained by the Unitarian Universalist (UU) Congregation of Atlanta and credentialed by the larger UU Association in 2014. This moment was witnessed by several supporters from TVUUC. Teague is now leading an emergent congregation in Southwest Atlanta, Abundant Love Unitarian Universalist Congregation. It is the intention of his Core Team to begin worship next Sunday, February 11.
This year, as part of our Stewardship Campaign, we are offering Home Gatherings. This is a chance to get to know your UU neighbors, provide your voice and vision to TVUUC Leadership and Long Range Planning Committee, and make your pledge, all while being hosted in a church member’s home. Sign-ups for Home Gatherings will be available beginning February 4.
What is the Stewardship Campaign?
The Annual Budget Drive is the time each year when we all renew our financial commitment to our faith community and pledge the funds that allow us to continue our work for love and justice in East Tennessee. 80% of our operating budget comes from these annual pledges and enables the church leadership to carefully plan our programs and ministries for the upcoming year.
Those who preceded us gave us this wonderful gift of TVUUC. Now, it is our responsibility to sustain the dream and pass it on in even better shape to those who follow us. TVUUC is where we give life to our values, where we freely associate with those who enrich our lives, and where we may raise our children in an atmosphere of love and respect.
What will my pledge do?
- Support our inspirational ministerial internship program.
- Be empowered to fund programs and initiatives that speak to our values.
- Ensure we are fair and just employers providing a living wage and proper benefits to our staff members.
- Preserve and improve our unique building and grounds.
- Grow our programs in Lifespan Religious Education.
- Enable us to do our part in spreading Unitarian Universalist values worldwide.
Many ways to pledge:
- At a Home Gathering (sign up sheets available at the church beginning Feb. 4)
- Drop your pledge card in the brass mail slot in the Church office next to Claudia’s office
- Deposit your pledge card into the “Flaming Chalice” on Sundays during the campaign
- Mail your pledge card to Tennessee Valley Unitarian Universalist Church, 2931 Kingston Pike, Knoxville, TN 37919
- Using the form below.