Music Program Assistant
Reports to Music Director
Salaried — Part-time 10 hours a week
Is present at all worship services to accompany congregational, choral and/or solo music at the piano or organ, except pre-arranged dates for which a qualified substitute accompanist has been hired or otherwise agreed upon, or for services in which no keyboard music is required.
Additionally, assists in all aspects of preparation and presentation of music for the church’s regular worship services and for additional services as required.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Accompanies congregational hymns and responses at the piano or organ, usually five or six per session.
- Accompanies the Sanctuary Choir in weekly rehearsals and at their performances.
- Provides solo or organ music as required for worship services.
- Maintains personal rehearsal/preparation time for all the above.
- Acts as substitute choir director when Music Director is unavailable.
- Leads sectional rehearsals as needed.
- May work with Music Director, Minister, and Worship Committee to plan worship services.
- Assists in filing and distributing music.
- Provides solo piano/organ music or accompanies singers at memorial services, with fees to be determined.
- Provides solo piano/organ music or accompaniment for singers at weddings, with fees to be determined.
Candidate Qualifications and Competencies:
- Proficient with piano and organ, particularly for hymn accompaniment.
- Experience with choral and solo-vocal production techniques.
- Experience with choral conducting.
- Proficient in organizing and planning.
- Able to work effectively in a team-oriented environment.
- Compatible with and able to communicate the values, vision, and mission of TVUUC.
Please apply at:
Child Care Provider
We are seeking a part-time childcare provider to join our staff team in the nursery at the Tennessee Valley Unitarian Universalist Church.
Childcare is offered at TVUUC on Sunday mornings, Wednesday evenings, some Monday and Thursday evenings, and for occasional additional meetings or events. We have a team of staff members who are scheduled monthly according to their availability, with an average of 1-2 shifts of 2-4 hours each per week. This position is good for students, professionals or retirees with experience working with young children and who would like a regular, modest supplemental income on some Sundays and weekday evenings.
Applicants must be at least 18 years of age and have child care experience.
Other requirements include:
– a love of children, a friendly demeanor
– flexible and positive attitude,
– openness to gaining an understanding of the UU principles and how they are lived in the nursery
– Infant/Child CPR certification or willingness to obtain,
– Willingness to be trained on and comply with the TVUUC Child Care Policy
Compensation is $10.10/hour.
A background check, two references and access to reliable transportation are required.
For more information or to apply, please contact: Catherine Farmer Loya, Director of Lifespan Religious Education, TVUUC, at catherineloya(at)tvuuc.org or 865-523-4176 ext. 111.