Register (Youth RE)
All children who participate in our Youth Religious Education (YRE) program must be registered. The registration form must be completed at the start of each school year, even if you have registered previously. Registering ensures that your child is placed in the correct class, that we know about any allergies or medical conditions your child may have, and that we are able to contact you in case of an emergency. We also use the information to keep you informed of special events your children may participate in and to accurately plan for the year ahead. We rely on timely, accurate registration from you in order to prepare the most successful and enjoyable program for your children.
Class assignment is determined by the age/grade your child will be at the beginning of the academic school year. Children 3 years of age on August 15th begin RE in the Pre-School class. The forms are available in each classroom, on the information table in the RE hallway, and from the church office.
To register online, please complete the form at the bottom of this page.
At TVUUC our staff and volunteers work hard to create an environment that is safe, educational and nurturing for our children—but that’s only the groundwork. We believe in empowering families in the work of religious education, secure in the knowledge that ultimately, a child’s spiritual development is firmly in the hands of you, the parent. Our goal is to involve you actively in the timeless work of building a theology that is meaningful to you and your family. Below are ways you can contribute to your child’s religious education.
- Get to know your children’s teachers, classroom, and curriculum.
- Attend regularly to help enrich your children’s sense of belonging.
- Share with our DRE and teachers any information about your children that may affect their participation in our classrooms.
- Share with our staff any joys or concerns you have about what occurs in our program.
- Make an annual financial pledge to TVUUC.
- Volunteer in the RE program.
- Be responsible for your children’s whereabouts. Parents must supervise their children while in the building.
- Do your best to model Unitarian Universalist principles for your children. Consider lighting a chalice as part of family time.
- Ask your children about what they experience in class. Be aware of what they are learning, and help them apply that knowledge to the larger world. Join the Facebook groups for your children’s classes.
- Tell them why you have chosen TVUUC as your family’s spiritual home and Unitarian Universalism as your religion. Share what our church and religion mean to you.
Our YRE Program and staffing are part of the total church budget so there is no registration fee. Our operating budget is funded by our congregants (that’s you), so it is important that families whose children participate in YRE make a pledge of support to the church in accordance with their ability, regardless of whether they are TVUUC members or friends. Remember that your pledge enables us to provide for staffing, materials, class space, and other benefits that you and your family enjoy.
As part of educating children about congregational life and responsibility, we also encourage children to pledge. We have a special children’s pledge card that parents must sign and we ask children to consider making a donation of as small as $.25 a week. Children can make their monthly contribution in Children’s Chapel, and receive a pledge statement from the church, just like the rest of the congregation.