2023 Information for Donors of
Lessons and Workshops
Lessons and Workshops would be the best category if you are teaching a skill or providing information. This may be for a group of people or on an individual basis. Your description should explain whether you are offering individual lessons or teaching a group class.
Services would be the best category if you are offering to do some work for the auction winner(s), for example rake a yard, weed a garden, clean a closet, dog or cat sit, take away junk in your truck, etc. Also if you have a business and would like to give a coupon for that business or if you frequent a business and are willing to ask for a coupon for a free service (haircut, massage, etc.)
If you are not sure of the best category for your event, contact the Auction Committee at Auction@tvuuc.org
Each bid is for one person. If your Service, Lesson or Workshop has several places, add that number to the “Quantity” when you fill out the donation form.
COVID Guidelines: This year, the Auction Committee is not making specific restrictions related to COVID. However, we ask that hosts of in-person events follow the CDC Guidelines in place at the time of the event. You may also add further requirements if you choose, possibly at the request of your guests (such as requiring a negative COVID test on the day of the event).
Please read the General Donor Instructions before entering your donation.
Entering a Donation
- Go to the Donation Page as described in the General Instructions. Under category, choose the appropriate category (e.g. Services or Lessons and Workshops).
- Enter the title and description of your event.
- Under Qty put the maximum number of people who can attend your Service, Lesson or Workshop.
- Enter an estimated value (usually more than the minimum bid) and a minimum bid. Remember than these values are for one person only. If you want your event to be sold at a fixed price, check that box and specify that in the description.
- Add the date and time of your event. Please do not make it a TBA date and time unless you are offering individual lessons. People need to be able to look at their calendars to see if they can come.
Enter as complete a description of your workshop, lesson or service as you can to entice bidding. If some refreshments will be provided say so. Also note what, if any, type of alcohol will be included. The more detailed the description, the clearer the bidder will be about what they are getting for their bid. It may be helpful to say where the event will be held. Make sure you enter the date and time of your event. This is important so people will know if they are free, and so they can avoid buying two events on the same day. (However, if you are offering individual lessons, you may leave the date blank and say “Time to be arranged with winner(s)” in the description.) A photo is not required.
After the Auction
Donor should contact the winning bidders before the date of the event as a reminder.
To find out who purchased your item:
Log into the Auction website at http://togetherauction.com/tvuuc .
- Go to the My Statement Screen
- Scroll down to Items Donated. The winning Bidders’ names will be listed with phone numbers. Click on names to send an e-mail.
- If you need help finding the names of the winning Bidders, contact the Auction Committee at Auction@tvuuc.org.