General Donor Instructions
There is little change to the previous method of entering donations using the TogetherAuction software. But note special instructions for In-Person Dinners, Dinners Delivered, Parties, Performances and Events, Goodies to Eat, and Jewelry. If you are offering a class or group lesson, see instructions for Parties, Performances and Events.
Note: You do not have to have a Paddle Number (Bidder Number) to donate, but you will need one to enter bids. If you have participated in previous TVUUC auctions, the auction program should recognize you and use the Bidder Number you were assigned in the past. If you do not have one, and you plan to bid in the auction, we recommend that you contact the Auction Committee to request a Bidder Number before December 1.
- Using your browser (e.g. Chrome, Safari, Firefox, or Internet Explorer), go to the auction site. (Or find it in the “Give” pull-down menu on the TVUUC website.)
- Click on the Login button at the upper right corner of the home screen. This takes you to the Login Screen:
- To log in, enter your phone number. Use the last four digits of your phone number as your PIN unless you have another PIN. If there is more than one name, click your name, or add it. [You can change your PIN in the Edit Profile screen if you want. Find this on the My Statement ] If you have problem,s try using a different phone number you may have had in the past.
- This takes you back to the Home Page which has four choices. Click on Donate.
5. This will take you to the My Statement screen:
- Click on Donate a New Item. This takes you to another screen:
- First choose the best category for your item. Note that In-Person Dinners and Dinners Delivered are both options this year. In-Person Dinners need to be limited to 10 people max, including the hosts. Please read the special instructions for Dinners Delivered and In-Person Dinners before making your entry. All Donors and Bidders must be fully vaccinated to offer or bid for a Dinner. Also read special instructions if you are using the category of Parties, Performances and Events (no inside Events, Parties or Performances can be offered), Goodies to Eat and Jewelry. (If you have questions about the appropriate category, contact the Auction Committee.))
- Enter the Title and Description of your item. Because all bidding will be online it is important to give a detailed description. If possible, add a photo of any physical item. [Not necessary for Dinners, Parties, Performances and Events, Goodies to Eat or Services] To add a photo, click on Image File and upload photo from your computer.
- Do not check “Winner takes it home auction night”.
- Enter prices for Est Value (estimated value) and Min Bid (minimum bid). Most people set the minimum bid a little lower than the estimated value of the item. Remember: You also have the option of checking Fixed Price. In this case, the first person(s) to bid gets the item and the price will not increase. When a fixed price item is sold, no further bids are accepted.
- When you have entered all information, click on Save. You may then enter another item if you want.
- If you are offering several identical or similar items, be very careful with your description and the way you enter your information. For example:
- If you have two identical or similar tree ornaments, and one bidder will get both, enter Quantity one and say in your description that the bidder will get two. The bid price will be for both ornaments.
- If you have two identical ornaments, but two bidders will each get one, enter Quantity two and make it clear that the price is for one
- If you have two similar (but not identical) ornaments intended for two different bidders, enter them as two separate items. For example, if one is red and one is green, make an entry for the red one (listing Quantity one) and describe as red. Save that donation entry and begin again, listing the green one.
- If you have questions about the donation process, contact the Auction Committee.
- If necessary, you can return and edit your donation until November 7. (No changes permitted after that date.]
- IMPORTANT: Again, if you are donating an item in the category of In-Person Dinners, Dinners Delivered, Parties, Performances and Events, Goodies to Eat, or Jewelry, read the separate instructions found by clicking below:
What to Do with Your Items
Do NOT bring your items to the church before the auction. For Dinners Delivered and Goodies to Eat, see delivery requirements in the special instructions. For all other items (including Jewelry), you have two options:
- You can contact the winning bidder and make arrangements to deliver the item to her/his home.
- Items may also be dropped off at the TVUUC on the Auction Committee drop off days (Mondays Dec 6 and 13) if prearranged with the winning bidder(s).
To find out who purchased your item: Log into the Auction website (as described above). This will take you to the My Statement screen. Scroll down to Items Donated. The buyer’s name will be listed with a phone number. Click on Buyer’s name to send an e-mail.