Music Program Assistant
Reports to Music Director
Salaried — Part-time 10 hours a week
Is present at all worship services to accompany congregational, choral and/or solo music at the piano or organ, except pre-arranged dates for which a qualified substitute accompanist has been hired or otherwise agreed upon, or for services in which no keyboard music is required.
Additionally, assists in all aspects of preparation and presentation of music for the church’s regular worship services and for additional services as required.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Accompanies congregational hymns and responses at the piano or organ, usually five or six per session.
- Accompanies the Sanctuary Choir in weekly rehearsals and at their performances.
- Provides solo or organ music as required for worship services.
- Maintains personal rehearsal/preparation time for all the above.
- Acts as substitute choir director when Music Director is unavailable.
- Leads sectional rehearsals as needed.
- May work with Music Director, Minister, and Worship Committee to plan worship services.
- Assists in filing and distributing music.
- Provides solo piano/organ music or accompanies singers at memorial services, with fees to be determined.
- Provides solo piano/organ music or accompaniment for singers at weddings, with fees to be determined.
Candidate Qualifications and Competencies:
- Proficient with piano and organ, particularly for hymn accompaniment.
- Experience with choral and solo-vocal production techniques.
- Experience with choral conducting.
- Proficient in organizing and planning.
- Able to work effectively in a team-oriented environment.
- Compatible with and able to communicate the values, vision, and mission of TVUUC.
Please apply at: