CAMP IS SO GREAT, WE WANT TO
SEND CAMP HOME!
Because we love our annual camp week, our summer RE program, and our TVUUC community so much, we do not want you to miss out this year just because we can’t yet bring our children together in our church building. Our solution? A whole month of Camp-in-a-box! We are going to gather activities and programs that capture the spirit of our summer camp week and our RE programs, put them in a box, and make them available for you to take part in at home this summer.
WHAT’S IN THE BOX?
Each box contains unique items for two weeks worth of at-home camp fun. We’ll offer a variety of materials that engage with our themes and offer ways to put our hands to work exploring and celebrating our UU values and our connection to one another and the world. And we’ll include info about how to connect with on-demand video supplemental programming online as well as a weekly space to meet in person via zoom, for those who’d like to share their camp experience and creations with one another.
Themes which will be explored throughout the month, are:
- Camp Fun
- Nature & Garden
- UU Connections
- Learning Lab
- Story & Spirit
- Reflection Room
- Helping Hands
So what does that really mean about what will be in the boxes? Throughout the month, you might just find things like:
- UU Chalice Lighting readings
- All the supplies needed for a variety of crafts & activities (we’ll only assume you have access to truly basic supplies like a piece of paper, a pencil, scissors, etc. – everything else will be provided in the boxes!)
- Song sheets for online sing-along songs
- Instructions & supplies for easy at-home service projects
- UU swag like temporary tattoos, stickers, and coloring pages
- Other exciting surprises!
HOW DOES IT WORK?
On July 11th and July 25th we’ll be at TVUUC from 3-5pm for curbside pickup of your camper’s box.
We’ll also offer on-demand supplemental materials online throughout the month as well as a weekly zoom opportunity to connect in person; details for how to access these elements of camp will be shared with registrants at the beginning of the month.
Campers are also invited to two outdoor RE Family events:
- For those who are comfortable beginning to gather carefully outdoors, we are excited to offer opportunities to see our TVUUC friends, have fun and be of service together! All will be asked to wear masks and participate in distanced household-group clusters.
- Sunday, July 18, 3-5pm (or as rescheduled in case of rain) – Water Fun Day & Playground Cleanup! We’ll beat the heat with some silly water games and will make our own bubble soap and special wands for making GIANT bubbles! Meanwhile, we’ll also work together to do some MUCH-needed weed-pulling and cleaning up of our playground to help get it ready for resumed use. (We will DEFINITELY need some slide-and-toy-testing, too!) Please register to attend so we can order supplies and know how many stations to set up, at
- Sunday, August 1, 3-5pm (or as rescheduled in case of rain) – Camp Wrap-Up Tie-Dyeing! Today families are invited to join us for a tie-dyeing party. Camp-in-a-Box participants will have a t-shirt included as part of the camp program; any and all other TVUUC families are welcome to bring your own shirts or other materials to dye. And this event has a service project element, too – we’ll have LOTS of cloth squares that need tie-dyeing so they can be used as altar cloths for chalices when we resume meeting in our classrooms, as well as to keep as gifts for new families, graduating youth, etc. Please register to attend so we can order supplies and know how many stations to set up, at
We will be able to include up to 30 participants in our camp; TVUUC member families will be given priority, and open spaces will be given to community members in the order registration is received. Please sign up by Monday, July 5th in order to participate!
There is no fee for camp; we are offering this program as part of our congregation’s educational ministry to families. However, to help defray the cost of supplies and make it possible for us to gather all of the fun stuff we’d like to put in the boxes we are inviting those who can to make a sliding scale donation to TVUUC of $20-40 per camper. Donations can be made by mailing a check to TVUUC (with camp-in-a-box in the memo line) or online at https://onrealm.org/tvuuc/-/give/now; choose RE Special Projects in the fund field.
Read more and register in the form below. Form not working? Click here.