CAMP IS BACK AND WE CAN’T WAIT TO CONNECT WITH YOU!
CAMP CONNECT: TVUUC SUMMER CAMP May 31 – JUNE 3 / 8 AM – 2:30 PM / K-12th Grade
Join TVUUC Staff and Volunteers for (almost) a week of camp fun this summer! We are very excited to be back together for our first summer day camp since 2019, and so our theme this year is connecting – with one another, with UUism, with TVUUC, and with LOTS AND LOTS OF CAMP FUN!
CAMPERS: K—5th Grades
JUNIOR COUNSELORS: 6th—12th Grades
Older youth serve as Junior Counselors and develop leadership skills while building inter-age relationships. Junior Counselors arrive 30 min. early and stay 30 minutes late, and receive 50% discount on registration.
Registration Deadline May 10th
Fill out form below to register; registration is not complete until camp fee or scholarship request is received.
$50 per Camper; $25 per Junior Counselor; $5 discount for each additional child/youth from the same family
Should finances be a barrier to participation for any family, please contact the RE office for scholarship information (see email address in registration form).
Please send checks made out to TVUUC to:
Tennessee Valley Unitarian Universalist Church
ATTN: Summer Camp
2931 Kingston Pike
Knoxville, TN 37919
HOW DOES IT WORK?
When You Register
– Summer camp registration closes May 10th, 2022. Registration will be recorded on a first-come, first-served basis, with priority given to TVUUC member families. When capacity limit is reached, a waitlist will be established.
– A confirmation email will be sent after successful registration. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please contact Catherine Farmer Loya at .
– Camper fees are $50 per student and $25 per junior counselor. Balances must be paid in full by May 10th, 2022. If payment is not received by this date, registration will be forfeited.
– TVUUC reserves the right to cancel programs when necessary. Fees will be refunded under this circumstance.
– Camp begins promptly at 8:00. Please bring your child to camp no later than 7:55. Junior counselors should arrive at 7:30.
– Camp ends at 2:30. Children should be picked up no later than 5 minutes after camp ends. Junior counselors should be prepared to help with cleanup until 3:00.
– We are committed to creating a camp environment that is as safe, welcoming, comfortable and fun as possible for all who join us, and our UU values call us to keep the most vulnerable in mind as we determine reasonable protocols. We will adhere to TVUUC protocols in place at the time of camp, at a minimum, and will communicate these to all registered families prior to the start of camp. This may include masking when indoors, depending on local metrics and safety needs of camp participants and leaders, as determined no later than a week prior to start of camp.
– Campers should wear sturdy shoes and dress in clothes appropriate for potentially messy projects. TVUUC will provide (and apply) spray on sunscreen. If your child needs a specific sunscreen, please send it with them. Campers may desire an extra layer to accommodate for air conditioning. Some days may include water activities outdoors – we’ll let you know the specific schedule the week before camp starts.
Snacks & Lunch
– There will be a snack time each morning. Water and animal crackers (and gluten free option) will be provided for participants.
– There will also be a lunch break. Campers should bring a bag lunch each day. Items needing refrigeration may be kept in the TVUUC kitchen.
– All food will be eaten outside, except if raining, in which case we will spread out in the Fellowship Hall and keep all doors open during mealtimes.
– We are committed to making camp accessible for all. A limited number of need-based scholarships are available. Please email for additional information.
Read more and register in the form below. Form not working? Click here.