Lifespan Religious Education
Youth Religious Education Classes and Activities
Every Sunday morning during the school year – Volunteers teach and provide support for all aspects of the youth programming. Sunday morning programs and child care for nursery through high school are offered throughout the year. Well-defined volunteer jobs include:
- Joining a teaching team for a class with three other people – planning together, and each teaching two Sundays a month;
- Serving as RE greeter at a table in the gallery hallway to welcome new families – Sundays on a rotating schedule;
- Serving as a hallway helper during Sunday RE classes – supporting teachers and caregivers as needed, helping visitors, providing snacks, etc.
Contact: Catherine Farmer Loya, Director of Lifespan RE Email
Middle School Youth Group
Wednesdays, 6:30-8:00 pm during school year – Middle schoolers meet to share and plan activities.
High School and Youth Group Programs
First and Third Sunday mornings during school year – High school teen class meets for study and discussion, plans social action projects. Youth Group meetings are Wednesday evenings, 6:30-8:30 PM.
Young Adult Activities
Two Sundays a month – Young adults,18-35, are invited to gather t 12:30 PM in the lobby after Sunday service for brunch and social time together, and get together again once a month for an informal social event such as game nights or potlucks. Contact:, Emily Pratt, Email
Adult Religious Education Programs
Fall, Winter and Spring of the year – A fresh set of limited-term classes, designed to provide paths to personal, intellectual and spiritual growth, is offered for adults. Watch for the yellow book on the pamphlet rack and regular announcements. Parents note: child care is offered on Wednesday evenings, as well as on Sunday mornings. Contact: Mikhael Loo, Coordinator, Phone: 771-2314 Email
Ongoing programs that invite participants most or all year include:
- Personal Beliefs and Commitments – Sundays, 10:00 – 10:55 AM – a sharing and listening group open to all, preferred focus of ethical/spiritual nature. Regular attendance is not a condition for belonging. Contact: Betty Bumgarner, Email or Jamie Adcock, Email
- Small Group Ministry – Groups of six to twelve people covenant to meet once or twice a month for structured and confidential sharing on topics that inspire reflection and spiritual growth. New members placed and fresh groups formed as needed. Contact: Judy Ann Langston, Email
- Sunday Dialogues – Sundays, 9:45-10:45 AM – A team of volunteers shares responsibility for inviting ideas, choosing, scheduling and announcing program topics for Sunday morning presentations and discussions prior to worship services during the academic year. Participation is open to all (child care is available).
- Conversations With God – Tuesdays, 7:00-9:00 PM – This is an ongoing study of the “Conversations with God” books by Neale Kinald Walsch, who has an ongoing dialogue with the Divine in its many forms. Drop-ins always welcome. Contact: Galt Eaton, Email
- Library – A team of volunteers keep the library neat and organized and track new additions as well as books that are checked out. Contact: Terri Killeffer, Email
- Sci Fi Club – 2nd Saturday of each month – Meets monthly at church to watch a sci fi movie or television show, eat pizza and discuss the movie. All are welcome. Contact: Janette Kennedy, Email
- Classic Movie Night – Eight Saturdays a year, 6:00 PM – A classic movie from Jeff Gordon’s extensive collection is shown in the Lizzie Crozier room to an audience of 20-30. Discussion follows. All are welcome. Watch for announcements. Contact: Jeff Gordon, Email